lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

Talk about weather...

Have you ever stopped to think about people suffering on the other side of the world because of Mother Nature? Some people may, but not me. I was born in El Salvador, but now because of destiny stuff I am living on Guatemala, "the eternal spring land". I was just seven years old, ten years ago. It was a normal vacation day with an ordinary weather, sunny with a blue sky and some magical clouds flying all over it, January 13th 2001. I remember I was just resting on a sofa with my family, but then this mild shake moved us. My father, Mauricio started to tell us to go downstairs and get out of the house so Natalie, my sister, and I started walking, but my mom had to go back to get my six months baby sister, Valeria. We all get out to the street and wait for ten minutes approximately. When we returned to the house, my parents called my grandparents on El Salvador to see what had happened there. They told us they had just passed through an earthquake, but that they were safe and calm. My parents were constantly calling to all the family out there because there was this fear that something extremely bad happened to one member of our family. I was afraid because my whole family was there and they were all passing through an earthquake and in danger. I remember my only dream was to be near them and be sure they were safe and well. For that moment I just wanted to transform myself into a superhero. I wish to become kind of a super girl, or just this typical superhero with just one thing that could save the world. But it did not happen, I still be that seven years old girl, who would not be able to go there and save the whole country or at least her whole family. Hours passed and my parents were every single instant more nervous and anxious. I used to get very affected by my environment or the people around me. My parents, the nearest people I have, were transmitting me this maddening attitude. I started to lose control because I just see images in the television that show that something there was ending with everything, it just seemed like the end for all. My parents talked to me and I could become relaxed easily. When my parents achieved to called every single member of the family on the country, all we stayed calm.

Exactly one month later, February 13, 2001, another earthquake shook El Salvador. It was, for me, just getting worse and become other day for praying for everything not to have the perfect ending, but at least not the worst. At that moment I realized God was with them because for the second time, nothing wrong had happened to my family out there. But something better get out this time, the epicenter was far away my family houses, although it was in the same country and wanting or not they will be affected too. I was afraid obviously, my family still in danger.But days passed and I realized my family had passed through hard moments, but they were all right and safe. It was a hard starting for a year, but we all managed it well and get over it in a few months. Now I see why I was so affected and it was because more than half of my family was there and you never know what kind of misfortune can take one of yours. I wish I never would have to pass through an awful earthquake or some other natural disaster. I try to inspire peace and happiness to people because it is amazing the feeling you get when you see someone happy because of you. I hope El Salvador don't pass again in a near time through a similar situation because it is not sad just for them, but also for the people who have a great relationship with that unbelievable country.

It may be the perfect day, with an amazing weather, a brilliant sun, a blue and soft sky and sweet birds singing above, but a tragedy, may occur so everyone out there take advantage of your life because it's only one, and live each single day as if it was your last.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario